About Us

My Photo
Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Hi! And welcome to String Theory Crochet. Our little business is growing and growing! We spend happy and busy days, designing, crafting, making and playing with gorgeous yarns. We have some big and exciting things happening this year but don't worry we will still be here with our patterns and we are still available for special requests, one of a kind gifts and commissions. Please feel free to join in with our crochet obsession with your comments and shares or pop over to our Facebook page and show us what you've been making - we'd love to see your finished makes.

Thursday, 4 November 2010

Thursday November 4th 2010

**RANT ALERT**RANT ALERT**RANT ALERT**RANT ALERT**RANT ALERT**

What is wrong with the world???  I've been desperate to sell things to people.  I really want to make a career out of this and I'm working my bottom off!  I finally get a decent order and it's from someone who doesn't understand hand-made goods.  I think we've all lived in a speedy factory produced world for too long.  C'mon fellow crafters/artists, you must be with me.  IT TAKES TIME TO PRODUCE SOMETHING.  I've just has someone ask for 300 crocheted wall hangings.  300!!!!  That would take about 30 years to make.  They've seen my site and ordered 300 of a OOAK item.  I'm dumbfounded (and a bit disappointed - if I could stop time, I could make my fortune).  Oh well...  I'd best compose an email explaining politely why it will be impossible to supply him. AAAAAAARRRRGGGHH.  Life is just a little unfair :-(

1 comment:

  1. sounds like that person wanted to re-sell the banners? A lot of people do NOT understand how timeconsuming any kind of hand-made objects can be. I also cross stitch, so I can understand your feelings exactly. ;)

    ReplyDelete